Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Streets of Rage" Remade by Indie Dev


Promotional pic from the website itself
 I was just heading to bed when I discovered the release of an AMAZING remake of streets of rage! The developer, BomberGames Soft, took on an outstanding 8 year project. My god, everything about playing this remake made my spine shiver, my nerd senses tingle, my fingers eager, and my heart so warm it was like my first kiss.

Here are some screenshots:

A brand spankin new character screen

A route map!!! This guy thought of everything!

And oh my god the detail!!!
And for comparison:

SNES character select screen


SNES stage one


Streets of Rage Remake is a project created from scratch, it does not use reverse engineering nor a single line of code from the original games. It’s all based on visual interpretation, comparing how things work in the original games and trying to mimic it for Streets of Rage Remake.


Some of its functions:
* Animation timing, animation positioning, control response, X/Y/Z positions and physical movement for all characters are accurate to the original games.
* 64 modules of ..

Click here for more info and download links...

6 comments:

  1. great loved this game
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the names of the playable characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will play the crap out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so awesome, definitely gonna pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i own on this game, i won 2K on Dreamhack in sweden on this shiet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lot of time passed playing this!

    ReplyDelete